Real Life Case Studies
Getting the right mortgage and insurance combination for our customers is what we at Manchester Mortgages are all about. Here are a collection of real life case studies that demonstrate the lengths we will go to to ensure that we get the very best deals for our customers.
First of All…
First Time Buyers:
- Repossessed Property – A case study of a first time buyer buying a repossessed house.
- Buying a House from a Family Member – Sounds straightforward, doesn’t it? This case had a few twists in it…
- Does size matter? – How the size of your deposit makes a huge difference to your mortgage
- Self Employed first time buyer – an interesting case study involving a variable monthly income
- Getting a mortgage for a first time buyer
- Purchase of a property with a poor credit history – case study involving deceased family member
- Buying a house in your 20’s – a case study
- We complete a mortgage and credit review and save our Manchester client £900 per month. > Find out more.
- Divorce and Buying out an Ex – Advice and guidance in this interesting case study on getting a mortgage to buy an ex out after a divorce.
- To Move or Not To Move ? – Real life case study that discusses whether it’s best to move house or extend your existing property.
- What are the benefits of remortgaging ? – Interesting article about the pros and cons of remortgaging.
- Remortgaging to consolidate debt – Case study where we save our client £1150 per month (see also ‘Debt Consolidation’ below)
- Keep your options open! – Advice about remortgaging your house in order to take advantage of lower interest rates
- Why should you remortgage? – Wythenshawe clients remortgaged their home, paid off their debts and got a better mortgage deal with us
- Stamp duty abolished for most first time buyers – From Dec 2017 onwards
- How to move your mortgage – and get a better interest rate !
- Remortgaging after a marriage split – a case study from Withington
- Mortgage approval in 3 days – We get a mortgage for a Northenden couple with some bad debt within 3 days, previous broker got nowhere in 3 months…
- Divorce and mortgage problems – A case study
- Thinking about remortgaging? – Some useful information to know
- Buying a Second Home – An interesting case study about getting a suitable mortgage for a second home.
- Getting a Mortgage to buy a house for a dependent family member – Here’s a case study highlighting how we overcame the difficulties to achieve this. (Also applies to First Time Buyers)
- Debt Consolidation – A re-mortgage case study involving consolidating £40k of debt and changing an interest only mortgage to repayment. (Also applies to the Remortgages section)
- Debt Consolidation 2 – Credit card debt: paid off, overdraft: paid off, loan: paid off, monthly mortgage amount reduced by £418 and all over the same mortgage term!! (Also applies to the Remortgages section)
- Getting a Mortgage with a Poor Credit History – If you’re got a poor credit history getting a mortgage with a decent rate is the priority – in this case study we secure a mortgage for a client in Manchester. (Also applies to the First Time Buyers)
- Obtaining a decent mortgage with a large default – Great case study where we secure an excellent mortgage deal for a client who has a £30,000 Default
- Refused a mortgage ? – We help out a couple who are refused a mortgage.
- Obtaining a mortgage with decent rates when you’ve a poor credit history – A case study where we do just that.
- Just how important is your credit history ? – Find out in this article
- Arranging a mortgage with a debt management plan – A case study for a Wythenshawe client
- Getting a mortgage after a recent default – Yes it is possible
- Advice on getting a mortgage when you have an outstanding payday loan
- Mortgage Glossary – An A to Z of common mortgage terms with explanations and examples.
- What to expect from us – A guide that tells you exactly what we offer.
- Mortgage Application Checklist – Key information you need to complete a successful mortgage application.
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness Cover – A case study illustrating the roles played by critical illness and life assurance cover during the lifetime of a mortgage.
- Buying a property in joint names? – Check out our guide that discusses the differences between ‘joint tenants’ and ‘tenants in common’
- Income Protection – In this case study read about how we secured income protection for a self-employed dentist worried about injury to her hands.
- ‘Difficult properties’ – Case study – It can be surprisingly difficult to get a mortgage on certain types of property.
- Life Cover insurance – When it’s more than just life cover
- Buying a house – General enquiry from a client wanting to buy in the Worsley / Swinton area
- Advice for a first time buyer in Worsley and remortgaging in Timperley
- High street lenders – Why you often waste your time using a high street mortgage lender
- Life cover and income protection – why it’s important to review your options
- What to do when your bank will no longer lend to you
- Getting a mortgage on your own – ie. by yourself
- The top 5 places to live in Manchester – Apparently…
- Buying to let in Manchester / Salford – A good option according to a recent article
- Mortgage overpayments – Why making mortgage overpayments is such a good idea
- Becoming ‘mortgage ready’ – What you typically need to do to be offered a mortgage
- Getting a mortgage when you’re foster carers – one couples story
More details of our mortgage brokering and advisory services throughout:
- Bolton, Egerton, Farnworth, Horwich and Westhoughton
- Bury, Ramsbottom, Heywood, Ainsworth and Whitefield
- Wythenshawe, Cheadle and Gatley
- Prestwich, Middleton and Heaton Park
- Didsbury, Withington, Heaton Moor, Fallowfield and Chorlton
- Rochdale, Heywood, Norden and Littleborough
- Wigan, Skelmersdale, Orrell and Leigh
Got A Question ?
Are you looking for advice and guidance with a mortgage? Call us on 0161 706 0242 or fill out our contact us form and we’ll call you back.
Manchester Mortgages is a trading name of Mortgages 4U (North West ) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA register number 301076).
Registered in England & Wales No. 4729252. Registered office: Suite 8 Moorfield House, 2a Moorside Road, Swinton, Manchester M27 0EW
Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.