Real Life Case Studies
Getting the right mortgage and insurance combination for our customers is what we at Manchester Mortgages are all about. Here are a collection of real life case studies that demonstrate the lengths we will go to to ensure that we get the very best deals for our customers
First Time Buyers:
- Repossessed Property – A case study of a first time buyer buying a repossessed house.
- Buying a House from a Family Member – Sounds straightforward, doesn’t it? This case had a few twists in it…
- Does size matter? – How the size of your deposit makes a huge difference to your mortgage
- Self Employed first time buyer – an interesting case study involving a variable monthly income
- Getting a mortgage for a first time buyer
- Purchase of a property with a poor credit history – case study involving deceased family member
- Buying a house in your 20’s – a case study
- We complete a mortgage and credit review and save our Manchester client £900 per month. > Find out more.
- Divorce and Buying out an Ex – Advice and guidance in this interesting case study on getting a mortgage to buy an ex out after a divorce.
- To Move or Not To Move ? – Real life case study that discusses whether it’s best to move house or extend your existing property.
- What are the benefits of remortgaging ? – Interesting article about the pros and cons of remortgaging.
- Remortgaging to consolidate debt – Case study where we save our client £1150 per month (see also ‘Debt Consolidation’ below)
- Keep your options open! – Advice about remortgaging your house in order to take advantage of lower interest rates
- Why should you remortgage? – Wythenshawe clients remortgaged their home, paid off their debts and got a better mortgage deal with us
- Stamp duty abolished for most first time buyers – From Dec 2017 onwards
- How to move your mortgage – and get a better interest rate !
- Remortgaging after a marriage split – a case study from Withington
- Mortgage approval in 3 days – We get a mortgage for a Northenden couple with some bad debt within 3 days, previous broker got nowhere in 3 months…
- Divorce and mortgage problems – A case study
- Thinking about remortgaging? – Some useful information to know
- Buying a Second Home – An interesting case study about getting a suitable mortgage for a second home.
- Getting a Mortgage to buy a house for a dependent family member – Here’s a case study highlighting how we overcame the difficulties to achieve this. (Also applies to First Time Buyers)
- Debt Consolidation – A re-mortgage case study involving consolidating £40k of debt and changing an interest only mortgage to repayment. (Also applies to the Remortgages section)
- Debt Consolidation 2 – Credit card debt: paid off, overdraft: paid off, loan: paid off, monthly mortgage amount reduced by £418 and all over the same mortgage term!! (Also applies to the Remortgages section)
- Getting a Mortgage with a Poor Credit History – If you’re got a poor credit history getting a mortgage with a decent rate is the priority – in this case study we secure a mortgage for a client in Manchester. (Also applies to the First Time Buyers)
- Obtaining a decent mortgage with a large default – Great case study where we secure an excellent mortgage deal for a client who has a £30,000 Default
- Refused a mortgage ? – We help out a couple who are refused a mortgage.
- Obtaining a mortgage with decent rates when you’ve a poor credit history – A case study where we do just that.
- Just how important is your credit history ? – Find out in this article
- Arranging a mortgage with a debt management plan – A case study for a Wythenshawe client
- Getting a mortgage after a recent default – Yes it is possible
- Advice on getting a mortgage when you have an outstanding payday loan
- Mortgage Glossary – An A to Z of common mortgage terms with explanations and examples.
- What to expect from us – A guide that tells you exactly what we offer.
- Mortgage Application Checklist – Key information you need to complete a successful mortgage application.
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness Cover – A case study illustrating the roles played by critical illness and life assurance cover during the lifetime of a mortgage.
- Buying a property in joint names? – Check out our guide that discusses the differences between ‘joint tenants’ and ‘tenants in common’
- Income Protection – In this case study read about how we secured income protection for a self-employed dentist worried about injury to her hands.
- ‘Difficult properties’ – Case study – It can be surprisingly difficult to get a mortgage on certain types of property.
- Life Cover insurance – When it’s more than just life cover
- Buying a house – General enquiry from a client wanting to buy in the Worsley / Swinton area
- Advice for a first time buyer in Worsley and remortgaging in Timperley
- High street lenders – Why you often waste your time using a high street mortgage lender
- Life cover and income protection – why it’s important to review your options
- What to do when your bank will no longer lend to you
- Getting a mortgage on your own – ie. by yourself
- The top 5 places to live in Manchester – Apparently…
- Buying to let in Manchester / Salford – A good option according to a recent article
- Mortgage overpayments – Why making mortgage overpayments is such a good idea
- Becoming ‘mortgage ready’ – What you typically need to do to be offered a mortgage
- Getting a mortgage when you’re foster carers – one couples story
More details of our mortgage brokering and advisory services throughout:
- Bolton, Egerton, Farnworth, Horwich and Westhoughton
- Bury, Ramsbottom, Heywood, Ainsworth and Whitefield
- Wythenshawe, Cheadle and Gatley
- Prestwich, Middleton and Heaton Park
- Didsbury, Withington, Heaton Moor, Fallowfield and Chorlton
- Rochdale, Heywood, Norden and Littleborough
- Wigan, Skelmersdale, Orrell and Leigh
Got A Question ?
Are you looking for advice and guidance with a mortgage? Call us on 0161 706 0242 or fill out our contact us form and we’ll call you back.
Manchester Mortgages is a trading name of Mortgages 4U (North West ) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA register number 301076).
Registered in England & Wales No. 4729252. Registered office: Suite 8 Moorfield House, 2a Moorside Road, Swinton, Manchester M27 0EW
Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.