buildings and contents insurance iconBuildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings & Contents Insurance (Residential)

Your chosen lender will normally require you to have buildings insurance in place at exchange of contracts (except for properties such as flats / apartments which have this included in the monthly / annual service charges).

Your lender will have specified in your mortgage offer what they require as the minimum amount ( sum assured / rebuild figure ) for your property.

Most purchasers who are buying the property to live in will also choose to insure their contents.

Choosing the right Buildings & Contents cover is a minefield as there are so many options on what to cover and what not to cover.

Take the stress out of protecting your home and its contents by phoning Manchester Mortgages on 0161 706 0242 so that you can speak to an adviser to discuss your individual requirements rather than trying to arrange cover based on what is offered on internet sites.

Buildings & Contents Insurance – Existing Cover

If your existing Buildings & Contents policies are coming to an end and your premiums are being increased, or if you want to know if you can save money on the premiums quoted please give us a ring on 0161 706 0242 so that we can provide alternative quotes.

Buildings and Contents Insurance is designed to protect against the following events:

  • Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning or earthquake
  • Riots, civil commotion, labour and political disturbances or strikes
  • Malicious damage or vandalism
  • Storm or flood
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Impact or collision
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Escape of water or oil

You are also able to protect against Accidental Damage and to protect your belongings when away from the property.

Buildings & Contents Insurance (Buy to Let)

If you are looking to protect your Buy to Let property (or properties) we can advise on covering how ever many properties you have in your portfolio – just ring us on 0161 706 0242 with your requirements and we will do the rest.

Whatever your Building & Contents requirements speak to MANCHESTER MORTGAGES on 0161 706 0242 – or complete the CONTACT US FORM – to ensure you obtain a personal recommendation rather than one just given to you by a computer.


Manchester Mortgages is a trading name of Mortgages 4U (North West ) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA register number 301076).
Registered in England & Wales No. 4729252. Registered office: Suite 8 Moorfield House, 2a Moorside Road, Swinton, Manchester M27 0EW
Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.